Watch as i try to completely rebuild a 1973 BMW 2002 without my neighbors finding out.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Support out back

Finally made it to the metal place where they sell, uh, metal. This rear suspension cage(?) is going to be completely assembled out of car in order to get full welds. Still need to weld on the upper coilover mounts and one of the sideplates. It will then be welded into the car at both ends and the bottom. I was going to triangulate the hell out of it. Then I decided to keep it simple, as i think this will be plenty strong. It looks really heavy, but its actually under 15 pounds(arm scale method).

As of right now, it looks like my plans of running the coilovers inverted is going to happen.

Obviously i chopped off the old upper mount area. I also moved the upper mounting point forward a couple of inches to help maintain the original geometry as I moved the lower mount forward as well. Coolest part is that the ride height should be able to be adjusted from the trunk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just ate carrot cake. and it was gooooood.

12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home