Watch as i try to completely rebuild a 1973 BMW 2002 without my neighbors finding out.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rear Legs

I have got to get this rear suspension done. Ive been working on this suspension for so long, and the end is so near.
After much debating, I think ive figured out how the rear lower mount is going to go:

First i welded some flat stock and wrapped it around the circumference of the control arm bearing area. This is to distribute the stress of the mount assembly. Then i welded on the mount so that the strut can go through the complete travel without the heim joint binding. I plan on mounting the coilovers inverted as long as space allows. I need some "cage" material before i can attack the upper mounts. Hopefully Ill get to that this weekend. (yes, i removed the wheel bearings before welding)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home