Watch as i try to completely rebuild a 1973 BMW 2002 without my neighbors finding out.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Finallyyyy

So, i had to wait over two months for my kmac camber plates. Then they got lost by ups. Then ups claimed they found them in the woods by my house. Done laughing? So a week later i finally got them. Completely crap. Looks like something that came out of a freshman shop class. I had to send them back and find another solution.

So I believe kmac and ireland are the only ones that make plates for the 2002(i think ground control might, but my roommate had a horrible experience with them). I refused to give in to buying something more from ireland. My roommate had bought some e30 ones from Vorshlag. Unfortunately they dont make them for the 2002. So i ordered the ones for the e36 with camber and caster adjustments. Hopefully i can make them work(fast forward-theyre already installed, so theyll work)

Heres some pics of what had to be done:


Camber plates with crazy good engineering and machine work.

Everything fit beautifully with correct parts to accomodate my 2.5 springs and inverted bilsteins

A little geometry with levels, straight edges, etc.I forgot to mention, the e36 bolt pattern and center offset is completely different. So i had to drill two new holes, and them im going to weld a plate to support the third hole. Soon to come.

Markings for new holes

And installed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home