Watch as i try to completely rebuild a 1973 BMW 2002 without my neighbors finding out.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Melting metal

Ive been using my very amateur welding skills to begin seam welding the unit. I plan on seam welding as much of the major seams as possible. Seam welding supposedly stiffens the chassis by significant amounts(I read up to 70% somewhere, not sure if i believe Ill get anywhere close to that).



The outfit:
Early stages of welding


Earlier this week I finished the majority of undercoating removal, finally! I sandblasted the area that i plan on painting first. I left the fender linings alone because I have a set of fiberglass fender flares on their way from Cali. Much of the existing fender will be cut out to allow for wider wheels/tires.


A little more welding to do before paint, but I ran out of wire and gas simultaneously. Should be ready for paint this week, then I will be dropping it on its belly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home